Well then… with three days before the first session, here’s the omnibus post with almost everything you need to know. Please read it before game day so you are familiar with everything you must do. Matchups are at the bottom of the post.PLAYER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Have an IRC client ready to go. While it serves as a back-up for communication, it is vital for communicating with all people involved. If you are a novice to IRC, you can use the web client available at rizon. The channel to join is #mahjongleague : please try to show up 10+ minutes early. There are late penalties for late players that will affect your overall score. (Channel is #mahjongleague on irc.rizon.net)
- Be familiar with logging into Tenhou with lobby-specific URLs. http://tenhou.net/0/?L7447 for example would log you into Lobby 7447. League games will not be played there, if you wanted to go to Lobby 1234, you would just change the 7447 to 1234 for example. Each group will be playing in a separate lobby.
- Some people keep asking: each session is 4 consecutive games against your opponents. Games are fast on tenhou, so things shouldn’t last forever. The whole point is to reduce as much outlier results as possible, making this a league that can more accurately reflect a skill level rather than a one match event or 5-6 games total in a tournament for example.
- If you’re planning to be absent, tell me ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org – If I can work around a planned absence, it’s better for me, you, and everyone. No-shows would be annoying as hell, so I want to reduce the chance of that happening.
- This session is on July 2. the next one is on July 16.
Q: I want to join!
A: No. I had sign-ups open for 5 weeks. When the next session opens up, I’m only having sign-ups over 1 to 2 weeks, no more.
Q: Are you guys any good?
A: We’re the best people on the internet playing riichi mahjong with English as a common language. Some other people we know couldn’t join due to schedule conflicts. Some of the people who have joined are of various skill levels.
Q: Can I get points for participating from my local club/association?
A: You can get as many gold stars as you want, snowflake, but we’re not giving any.
Q: When is the next season going to be?
A: Most likely in October. Information would then be available in September.
|Group A – 2100 GMT|
|Group B – 2100 GMT|
|Group C – 2100 GMT|
|Group D – 0000 GMT|
|Group E – 0000 GMT|
|Group F – 0000 GMT|